This is the best known of the bivouacs owned by the State Forestry Agency and located in sequence along the 38 km of the Altomontana Path, which can be reached in an hour-and-a-half’s walk from Piano Vetore. It is located at 1878 metres and is always open so that it can be used by excursionists, day and night. There is a water tank supply but no toilet facilities. It can only be reached by bicycle or on foot.
Coordinates: 495599E – 4176179N